As I go to all the great master classes, panels, and discussions, many of the authors/panelists recommend books, stories, and articles to the audience. I thought – why not make a recommended books list? Hopefully this is helpful to all the writers out there! If you’re attending the festival and have books to add, please either fill out the form below or tweet me @nolafleurdelit, message me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fleurdelit, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will add your book/story/article to the list!
Day One: March 20, 2014
- Chapter Two by Antonya Nelson – recommended by Zachary Lazar – find it in the New Yorker archives here!
- Bright Lights, Big City by – recommended by Laura Lippman
- How Fiction Works by James Wood – recommended by Laura Lippman
- The Art of Fiction by John Gardner – recommended by Laura Lippman
- How to Read a Novelist by John Freeman – recommended by Laura Lippman – find it at the festival book fair!
- A Piece of the Wall by Teju Cole – Twitter essay recommended by Alicia Anstead – follow @apieceofthewall to see the whole 4,000 word essay in 250 tweets!
Day Two: March 21, 2014
- Religion and its Monsters by Timothy Beal – recommended by Victor LaValle
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy – recommended by David Armand
- The Triggering Town by Richard Hugo – recommended by Ann Hood
Day Three: March 22, 2014
- Who Killed the Jeff Davis 8? – by festival panelist Ethan Brown